Everyone, regardless of their skin tone or make up regime, should own a red lipstick.
It promotes that girl boss attitude and there is a shade to suit every complexion.
There are just a few things to remember before you rock a red lip.
1: Always use a lip liner. This will prevent smudging and help lock your lip in place for longer.
2: Find the shade to suit you. Always shop around for the tone that best suits your complexion. If you’re fair skinned opt for a blue toned red. Medium skin tones should opt for pink reds and darker skin can pull off a deeper plum red.
Here are just a few of my favourite red lipsticks:
- Mac Cosmetics – Ruby Woo £17.50 An iconic blue red matte lipstick with some serious staying power.
- Barry M – Bombshell £5.00. Rich and vivid matte lipstick, long lasting and super hydrating for the lips.
- NARS – Jungle Red £23.00 Best for fairer complexions this semi matte lipstick is highly pigmented with a non-drying formula.
- NYX – Perfect Red £4.99 Comfortable and hydrating, this shade really suits an olive complexion and having worn this one myself without a lipliner I can confirm this does stay in place for a good couple of hours.
- Mac Cosmetics – Relentlessly Red £17.50 Another favourite of mine, this is my daytime red lipstick as it has a more coral undertone. This is my go-to for those summer nights.
Let me know your favourites in the comments or over on Instagram: @foreveratwentysomethinggg