Hi friends! It has been ages since I did a LUSH shop – I was looking through their site and thought I’d share my wishlist with you guys and, where I’ve tried a product before, explain why I want it again! This list is a mix of skincare essentials, indulgent bath treats and awesome gift ideas.
FOR YOUR SKIN…
- Herbalism cleanser – £9 for 100g – I haven’t used this cleanser for ages but I know it’s bloody amazing. You take a small amount, mix it with some water in the palm of your hand to create a paste and then apply it to your face. I tend to only apply it to problem areas like my t-zone. If you’ve ever had issues with excess oil or spots, I urge you to try this!
- Mask of Magnaminty face and body mask – £9 for 125g – for the same reasons as Herbalism, this product used to be my go-to face mask. I only stopped using it because I thought it was expensive and it was a faff storing it in a fridge but it’s honestly so good and I’m definitely going to start using it again. They do a fresh mask and a self-preserving mask. The fresh one has a fairly short use by date due to the natural ingredients in it so be sure to get whichever one you’d prefer.
- Cup o’ Coffee face and body mask – £9 for 150g – I think I tried this about 5 years ago and I think it was good, but I can’t remember. So it’s on my wishlist so I can give it another go!
- Slap Stick solid foundation – £17 – at Bristol Fashion Week in April 2019 there was a LUSH counter who were showcasing their new makeup line and this stick foundation was one of the products. She colour matched me (though I can’t remember for the life of me what the shade was..) and I was really impressed at how soft and nourishing the product felt. It contains coconut oil, jojoba oil and argan oil which makes this quite a thick and heavy consistency that some people will love and others might hate. The consistency for me was much like the Revolution Fast Base stick foundation so if you’re used to using that, definitely give this a try!
- Tea Tree toner water – £6 for 100g – confession time: I never use toner in my skincare despite the overwhelming advice from the internet that I should. I’m not sure what makes a good toner but I like the ingredient list in this one – vitamin-rich grapefruit, juniper berry which is a natural antiseptic and tea tree oil which helps to break down dirt and bacteria. I liked the idea of using a toner to really deep clean my skin so I’m looking forward to trying it.
FOR YOUR BATH…
- Think Pink gift set – £59 – I love the sheer amount of products in this gift set, and can only imagine how good it smells! Containing 3 bath bombs, 2 bubble bars (including the Comforter which is on my wish list!), a soap, a lip scrub, a shower gel, a foot lotion and a body conditioner, this gift set is jam packed full of LUSH goodness!
- Butterball bath bomb – £2.95 each – this bath bomb is infused with lots of cocoa butter and ylang ylang which is a perfect combination for soft skin and stress relief! I much prefer getting a few of the cheaper bath bombs than one or two super expensive ones given that they don’t last long!
- Comforter bubble bar – £5.95 each – this stuff smells like my old favourite, the Sweetie Pie shower jelly, and everyone says it’s excellent. Plus, bubble bars are supposed to be better value than bath bombs, so I’m dying to give this one a try!
- Any LUSH soap – various prices – this is kind of cheating, but anytime I go into LUSH I just want to try all the soaps, and I can’t really work out what each one does differently from the others! I therefore plan to go in and just sniff my way around the soap stand until I find something nice.
- Validation Facial spa treatment – £95 – I find spa treatments are luxuries that we never buy for ourselves but always need. Sometimes a clever friend or family member will know this and gift you a relaxing day to the spa (hooray for those people!) but we don’t treat ourselves to these things enough. I have fairly problematic skin so whenever I check out spa treatments I’m always drawn to facials. This one sounds amazing and I bet your skin feels crazy good afterwards!
- Vanillary solid perfume – £10 for 6g – I love vanilla-based perfumes (my favourite perfume is YSL Black Opium) and so since I discovered LUSH do solid vanilla perfume, I have been desperate to try it! I’m really curious to test how long it lasts. My YSL perfume lasts all day (sometimes I’ll be sat at my desk, get a delightful whiff of vanilla deliciousness and realise it’s me!) so if this can last as long, maybe Vanillary will be a new favourite?
- Hair Doctor hair treatment – £7.50 each – considering the amount of bleaching, dying, straightening, blow-drying, cutting and brushing I do to my hair, it’s any wonder I still have any! I have never taken proper care of it using deep conditioners, overnight treatments or oils but I’d really like to work on restoring it to the silky mane I know it can be! This hair treatment caught my eye because the reviews are really positive and I’ve not tried something like this before.
If you’ve got any LUSH favourites or ride-or-die products I would love to know! I really like LUSH – it’s pretty pricey but a lot of the products I’ve tried before have worked really well. Besides, it doesn’t hurt to treat yourself every now and then to something LUSH (see what I did there?). They’ve of course got a lovely looking new range of products coming out for Valentine’s Day, so I might be tempted to pop in store and pick some up.