This has become a staple recipe for my boyfriend and I when we are craving a comforting, quick and tasty meal in the week. I came up with this dish a short while ago when I was just chucking everything together that we had left in the fridge. Turns out, it was a hit! I noted down the ingredients I used and I have been re-making it ever since.
This is perfect for a mid-week dinner when you just need a quick fix but still want to enjoy a home-cooked meal. This is a vegetarian meal, however, it is easy to amend to your liking; it would be perfect with chicken or chorizo.
I am by no means a ‘cook’ by any standards, I just tend to chuck ingredients together and hope for the best. I don’t weigh all of the ingredients I use and I tend to do things by eye. However, I have somewhat noted below the rough amount of each item used.
Recipe (Serves 2)
- Pasta (we used Penne) roughly 75g per person
- 1 and 1/2 Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 or 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- Pinch of Chili Powder
- Pinch of Oregano
- A Handful of Olives (We used Green Olives stuffed with Pimento)
- Olive oil (for frying)
- Splash of Tabasco
- Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and add the pasta with a pinch of salt to season.
- Chop up the red onion, garlic and chop the olives into halves.
- In a separate pan, begin to fry off the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil.
- Once the onion and garlic have softened, add the chili powder and oregano & season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, Tabasco & Worcestershire sauce and bring the heat down to a simmer.
- Add the chopped olives to the sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce and mix through.
- Grate some Parmesan into the pasta and mix through.
- Plate up and serve with some extra grated Parmesan on top.
I hope you enjoy the Pasta! If you make it, or make any changes that worked well, let me know and send a pic!