I made these healthy vegan cookies for the first time last week and I have been obsessed with them! I have made three batches already. So yummy and delicious!
These healthy vegan cookies are really easy to make, with only 8 simple ingredients needed. They are gluten free and high in fibre as they contain all bran cereal.
They have the perfect texture crispy on the edges and soft and chewy in the middle.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup packed coconut sugar (any sugar will work)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (any liquid sweetener will work)
- 1 chia egg (normal egg will work)
- 1 + 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 + 1/2 cups all bran cereal
- Heat oven to 375°F / 190°C
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup and chia egg until completely smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in cereal gently.
- Transfer about 1 tbsp of the cookie batter to a prepared baking tray 2 inches apart. The cookies will spread a little bit when baking
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set and golden brown
- Let the cookies cool completely before enjoying
- Store in an airtight container