Ok, admit it, being single can suck sometimes. The loneliness and tediousness of it can be trying and you feel like grabbing the first tube of Pringles you can find in your cupboard at night to get rid of the single blues. However, I’m here to tell you ladies and gentlemen – being single is not as depressing and lowly as you may think!
I think people often override the positives of being single with the negatives, meaning they don’t get to see the perks of being a singleton.
Don’t get me wrong, being in a relationship is an amazing feeling, knowing you have that security and someone to go to when you need a cuddle or someone to rub your feet after a long day in work really is great. But I want to illustrate to you how great it is to be single in this day and age…here is a little list that I’ve of the perks that I’ve drawn up:
1) You can cut back on shaving your legs every week or waxing your “other areas”. It’s nice to not feel the pressure of trying to make yourself less hairy to please your partner.
2) You don’t have to share food that is made for sharing eg. a big bag of Kettle crisps or Maltesers sharer bag. That last slice of pizza will be yours, guaranteed.
3) You can buy stuff for yourself and your own taste instead of considering what your partner would like.
4) No in-laws to meet and befriend, you’re family are enough to deal with.
5) You can hog all the bed covers to your heart’s content. Also you can spread out like a starfish. Bliss.
6) There are no anniversary dates to remember. Handy if you’re a bit forgetful or don’t keep a calendar.
7) Go on as many spontaneous trips as you please!
8) You don’t have to ride that emotional roller-coaster that is prevalent a lot with relationships. You can happily skip that ride.
9) Be as slobby and lazy as you like without anyone questioning it.
10) Bridget Jones style knickers can be worn, thongs can be put away for a while…
11) Same goes for sweats. Wear and slob around in them as much as you want.
12) It certainly helps your independence. Go and do your thing!
13) You can use your toothbrush knowing no one else may have accidentally used it before yourself.
14) No one judging you when your singing the Mamma Mia! soundtrack at your loudest whilst hoovering the living room.
15) Playing whatever music/radio station you like whilst driving.
16) There’s no better company than your own.
17) No spending bat sh*t crazy amounts of money on lingerie all for your partner’s benefit, only for it to get thrown on the floor a few minutes later…such a waste of money.
If you’re single at the moment, it doesn’t seem so bad after reading these does it?
Let me know if you have any more perks of being single!